Orlando Babe Ruth COVID - 19 Guidelines
1. No handshaking / celebrations: Players and coaches should refrain from handshakes, high fives, fist / elbow bumps, group celebrations, etc.
2. A controlled dugout. Spread the kids out as best possible, maybe a bag between each kid, no side by side seating.
3. Players should limit any sharing of playing equipment, bats, gloves, fielder’s mask, catcher’s gear, helmets, water, etc.
4. All parents should wear some type of face covering while at the park, and especially while at games.
5. Cleaning supplies, as well as hand sanitizer, should be available in the dugouts. Dugout benches should be wiped down before and after use.
6. Parents should be advised to have backup supplies in the player’s equipment bag for use when needed and their own marked water bottle or sports drink. No team or dugout coolers are permitted.
7. Review cleaning and sanitation of common areas like dugouts, bathrooms, concession stands or similar areas between games or activities. Teams should be advised to clean out and wipe down dugout or other field areas that they were in prior to leaving the playing field.
8. Fans attending games should follow 6’ social distancing guidelines at all times. Do not sit right next to each other, spread out as much as possible and within reason.
9. Suggest that any player, or person not feeling well, should not attend games or practices.
10. Managers & Coaches should help to educate players on the hygiene/handwashing/touching of the face suggested guidelines.
- These guidelines are to enhance your local & state health guidelines.